Verified email at uonbi.ac.ke
Chairperson, Department of Library and Information Science
University of Nairobi
2011: PhD: University of Zululand, South Africa.
1998-2000: MSc: Information Science, Makerere University, Uganda
1997-1998: Postgraduate Diploma in Librarianship; Makerere University, Uganda
1986-1989: Bachelor of Arts; University of Nairobi, Kenya: Awarded BA (Hons).
Information sciences; Knowledge management; Knowledge management systems; Information literacy; Indigenous knowledge; Indigenous knowledge systems; Information management; ICT4D; Agricultural information and communication management; Digital libraries and information systems; Management information systems; Information literacy and communication skills (Library skills, Open access and plagiarism); Computer applications; Information systems analysis and design; Information ethics; Information security; Informetrics (Altmetrics, Bibliometrics, Cybermetrics, Scientometrics and Webometrics); Social media and applications; Strategic management; Human resource management; Project planning and management; Research methods; Qualitative and quantitative methods; Supervision; Research and Consultancy in information field; Emerging trends in information science discipline.
1. Kwanya, T., Kiplanga't, J., Wamukoya, J., & Njiraine, D. (Eds.). (2019). Digital Technologies for Information and Knowledge Management. Nairobi: The Technical University of Kenya.
2. Njiraine, D. (2019). The Influence of Internal Promotion and Training Incentives on Employee Performance at University of Nairobi. European Journal of Business and Management, (11) 14, 63-79.
3. Njiraine, D. (2019). Enabling Knowledge Sharing Practices for Academic and Research in Higher Education Institutions. Information and Knowledge Management, (9) 3, 82-89.
4. Njiraine, D. (2019). Financial Incentive as a Yardstick for Employee Performance: the Case of University of Nairobi. European Journal of Business and Management, (8) 9, 78-87.
5. Khamala, Dorothy Flora; Makori, Elisha O.; and Njiraine, Dorothy Muthoni (2018), Webometrics Ranking and Its Relationship to Quality Education and Research in Academic Institutions in Kenya. Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journal). 2020.http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/libphilprac/2020
6. Kamau, G. N; Njiraine, D. 2017. An Assessment of the Accessibility of Electronic Information Resources by Academic Library Users: A Case of the University of Nairobi. In: Kwanya, T., Kiplang’at, J. and Wamukoya, J. Emerging Trends in Information and Knowledge Management. Eldoret: Moi University Press. 101-112.
7. Kingori, G. M; Njiraine, D & Maina, S. (2016). Implementation of information literacy programmes in public libraries. Library Hi Tech News, Vol. 33 No. 2 pp. 17 – 22. Emerald Group Publishing Limited.
8. Makori, E. O; Njiraine, D & Talam, P. (2015). Practical Aspects of Implementation of Institutional Repositories in Africa with Reference to the University of Nairobi. New Library World. Volume: 116 No. 9/10, pp.610 – 640. Emerald Group Publishing Limited.
9. Njiraine, D. (2012). Mapping and Auditing Indigenous Knowledge and its Management Environment: A Comparative Study of Kenya and South Africa. Saarbrücken (Germany): Lambert Academic Publishing.
10. Njiraine, D & LeRoux. (2011). Applying Earl’s KM model in IK management: with reference to Kenya and South Africa. The Electronic Library, Vol. 29 No. 6, pp. 817- 827 Emerald Group Publishing Limited.
11. Njiraine, D; Ocholla, D.N & Onyancha, B. (2011). Indigenous knowledge research in Kenya and South Africa: an informetrics study, a chapter (Chapter 7, pgs. 90 - 104) in Research issues in Information Studies in a changing local and global environment: Some African perspectives. Ed. By Dennis Ocholla and Johannes Britz. Saarbrücken (Germany): Lambert Academic Publishing.
12. Njiraine, D; Ocholla, D.N & Onyancha, B. (2010). Indigenous knowledge research in Kenya and South Africa: an informetrics study. African Journal of Indigenous Knowledge Systems (Indilinga). Vol. 9, Issue 2, 194 - 210.
13. Njiraine, D; Ocholla, D.N & LeRoux. (2008). Auditing the Indigenous Knowledge Systems in South Africa (IKS). Challenges and Opportunities. Journal of the Eastern and Southern Africa Regional Branch of the International Council on Archives (ESARBICA), Vol. 27, 203-222.