Verified email at gmail.com
Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering
Godavari Institute of Engineering and Technology (A), Rajahmundry
B.E. in Mechanical Engineering from S.C.E, Bangalore, under V.T.U., M.Tech in Design & Manufacturing from NIT Silchar, Assam, PhD. in Mechanical Engineering Department at NIT Silchar In "Assessing latent initiator based multiple healing in epoxy matrix GFRP laminated
composites under Guidance of Dr. S. Halder. I taught many Subjects like Engineering Mechanics, Strength of Material, Machine Design, Production Process etc. at Buddha institute of Technology, Bodhgaya, Bihar. I also worked at Sobha developers Limited in Plumbing and HVAC unit for more than one years and completed many Real Estate and Contracts & Residential projects in Bangalore city including, Sobha lifestyle Legacy, Sobha dream Gardens, Sobha lake Gardens, Sobha Royal Pavilion, Sobha Arena, Sobha Forest Edge and many more. .
2020 - Till date: working as assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, GIET, University, Rajahmundry, A.P
2014 – 2020, Ph.D. (Mechanical Engineering), National Institute of Technology, Silchar, India
2012 – 2014, M. Tech (Design & Manufacturing), National Institute of Technology, Silchar, India
2002 – 2006, B. E. (Mechanical Engineering), Sapthgiri College of Engineering, Bangalore, India
Fiber reinforced plastic (FRP), Polymer matrix composites (PMC), Healing chemistry in polymer, Adhesive Science and Technology, Fracture Mechanics, Cure kinetics, Surface functionalization of nanomaterial, Micro-encapsulation, Sol-gel Chemistry, Glass and carbon fiber, CNT, Graphene.
In view of the inevitable damage due to interlaminar as well as intralaminar fracture in laminated composites the concept of healing is endorsed in this research proposal. Presently, most of the industrial and academic research highlights the development of healable polymer composites with single step healing. This proposal is based on the development of innovative repeatable healing enabled fiber reinforced laminated composite (FRP) and their evaluation to recommend them as next generation smart composites.
1. Tankeshwar Prasad, Sudipta Halder, S. S. Dhar, Reinforcing effects of imidazole-modified nanosilica on thermal and mechanical properties of anhydride based epoxy system, Materials Today Proceedings, 21 (2020), 1038-1043. (Published in ICRACM-19, IIT BHU Varanasi).
2. Tankeshwar Prasad, Sudipta Halder, S. S. Dhar, Process parameter effects on particle size reduction of sol-gel synthesized silica nanoparticles, Material Today: Proceeding, 22 (2020), 1669-1675, (Published in ICMMM-19 VIT, Vellore, India).
3. Tankeshwar Prasad, Sudipta Halder, Optimization of Parameters and its Effect on Size of ZnO Nanoparticles Synthesized by Sol-gel Method, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, 336, 399-407, 2015 (Published in 4th International conference on Soc Pros’14 at NIT Silchar, India).
4. NI Khan, S Halder, SB Gunjan, Tankeshwar Prasad, A review on Diels-Alder based self-healing polymer composites, IOP Conf. Ser.: Mater. Sci. Eng. 377. 012007.10.1088/1757-899X/377/1/012007. (Published in ICMRE-2017, SMIT, Sikkim, India)
1. Tankeshwar Prasad, Sudipta Halder, S. S. Dhar, A method of functionalizing SiO2 nanoparticles with imidazole curing agent for latent initiator based multiple healing of GFRP laminated composites with improved mechanical and healing performance (Patent in Credit from Ph.D Work under preparation:)
1. Tankeshwar Prasad, S Halder, S.S. Dhar, M.S. Goyat, Epoxy/imidazole functionalized silica epoxy nanocomposites: mechanical and fracture behaviour, eXPRESS Polymer Letters. 15, 203-223, 2021. Impact factor: 3.08.
2. Tankeshwar Prasad, S. Halder, S.S. Dhar, Imidazole-Supported Silica one-pot Processed Nanoparticles to Enhance Toughness of Epoxy Based Nanocomposites, Materials Chemistry and Physics, 231, 75-86, 2019. Impact factor: 3.40.
3. Tankeshwar Prasad, Sudipta Halder, S.S. Dhar, Morphological dissimilarities of ZnO nanoparticles and its effect on thermo-physical behavior of epoxy composites, Polymer Composites 39 (1), 135-145, 2016. DOI: 10.1002/pc.23914, 2016. Impact factor: 2.26.
4. S. Halder, Tankeshwar Prasad, NI Khan, M.S Goyat, S.R Chauhan, Superior mechanical properties of poly vinyl alcohol-assisted ZnO nanoparticles reinforced epoxy composites, Materials Chemistry and Physics 192, 198-209, 2017. Impact factor: 3.40.
1. Worked as Quality Controller, from 3rd July 2006 to 30th September 2007 for Indian Rubbers, Bangalore.
2. Worked as HVAC Design Engineer, from 3rd October 2007 to 31st December 2008 for Sobha Developers Ltd., Bangalore.